Thursday, February 21, 2008

Spring can't get here soon enough!

Here we ago again! More thunder and lightning, sleet and freezing rain to start off a morning. To see a basic explanation about how this happens, see my previous blog entry.

I'm surprised we haven't received more nasty emails lately. Please don't consider that an invitation though! Remember: I'm in PR, not management. If I could make it warmer, I'd have pulled the ripcord on Winter a LONG time ago. I'm ready to get out in the yard, dust off the lawn mower (yes, I just said that) and take in the sights, sounds and smells of Spring.

Astronomically speaking, Spring begins March 20th.

Meteorologically speaking, Spring begins March 1st.

Guess which date I'm going to choose?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on that. Personally I would prefer February 22. Randy

Bryce said...

This is the LAST week of winter, although anyone in Kansas knows that it can and has snowed well into April. Heck, I did some research while studying under the State Climatologist, and the latest it had ever snowed in Manhattan was around May 10, give or take a few days. I imagine that storm system must have had a massive severe weather side as well. I'm certainly ready for storm chasing this spring after all of the ice, snow, sleet, and the mixture of the three for the past three months. BRING ON SPRING!