Friday, April 11, 2008

Rock Chalk Champs!!

If you're a KU fan and/or grad like me, you know it doesn't get much better than this! I've been in a celebratory mood all week long after KU won the national championship Monday night. After the win, I talked to my brother and a couple of college friends who were on Cloud 9 like me. Normally, I'd never call anyone that late at night but I knew all of them were still up! I finally fell asleep around 12:30am and then got up at 5am for work!

Have you got your KU champs gear yet? I have one t-shirt so far...it's the one the Wichita Eagle was selling of the Sports page from Tuesday morning. I'll probably pick up another championship shirt in the next few days, time willing.

I have a confession to make which I announced on the Kansas CW Tuesday morning. You'll remember a past post of mine talking about seeing KU's opening round game in Omaha against Portland State. At the game, I wore my best KU sweatshirt and my KU 2008 Orange Bowl Champions hat. I wore those 2 things for the rest of KU's games during the tournament. OK, I hear you saying "what's the big deal about that?" Well, I never washed the KU sweatshirt until Tuesday, after the championship game. Yeah, you could say I'm superstitious! I sat in the same chair in the family room, watching the same TV (but listening to Bob Davis and Chris Piper on the radio) and drinking ice water out of my KU cup.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha! that's great! i also had a KU sweatshirt i wore for EVERY game. i, however, did wash mine! :) haha
ROCK CHALK!!