Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A New Feature

It's hard to believe that the second half of the year starts today. Where did May and June go? We've had so much severe weather in the last month and a half that the days just seemed to blend together. May 2007 was like that too...especially the weekend of the Greensburg tornado.

May 2008 was the wettest May ever in Wichita with 13.14" of rainfall (8.17" above normal). We had 7.42" of rain in June, 3.17 above normal. That's 20.56" of rain in those 2 months alone and for the year we're at 27.38". On the flip side, I got an email last week from a farmer in western Kansas who has had less than 3" of rain...since last August!

I'm going to try something new today and I'd appreciate your feedback. Each time I post, I plan to include an interesting web page for you to enjoy. Most of the time, the page will be weather related but occasionally I'll keep you guessing. And yes, it will always be family friendly!

"Rodney's Referral" for today is the Kansas Department of Transportation web cams page.

Enjoy your Tuesday and the 4th of July!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rodney, that is an interesting site. You can view the weather over the entire state. Randy

Rodney Price said...

KDOT plans to put in more cameras along I-70 by the end of the year so it will get better.

You'd be surprised at how many web cams there are around Kansas. I've been keeping a list since 2005 and there are now over 100 cameras across the state. Needless to say, they are extremely helpful in our line of work!