Monday, December 15, 2008

Net Change: 55 degrees!

When I arrived at work yesterday morning, it was a balmy 55 degrees. To put that in perspective, an average high this time of year is 43. After 8am though, it was fascinating, yet very painful, to watch the mercury fall. Check out this link to Wichita's weather since Friday (as of this writing). Look at Saturday's 4pm temperature (and high) of 61. As I write this, it's 6...that's a 55 degree change! Ouch! At least we're not up in western North Dakota or eastern Montana this morning where it's -25 to -30!

Going back to the weather records, you'll notice that over the next 7-10 days, all but one of Wichita's record lows are from either 1983 or 1989. And I remember both of them vividly...especially 1989. Picture me riding my bike on the KU campus to Finals. The only part of my body you could see was my eyes...everything else was covered up. That hurt...I've never been so cold.

Stay warm, please!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I now see why so many people go south for the winter!