Monday, May 10, 2010

High Risk of Severe Storms

I was concerned that when I woke up this morning, there would be a High risk of severe weather across part of the viewing area. I was right.

The clouds are certainly our friend right now, keeping us stable. They still could play a big factor in what ultimately happens this afternoon. Clouds aside though, as I took a look at all of the forecast parameters for the 4pm - 7 pm timeframe today, everything on the ingredients checklist was rated as "moderate" to "strong".

You know me...I'm not one to "cry wolf" at the drop of a hat. But if you do just one thing today, I urge you to please keep up with the weather forecast. Not just at lunch and then before you go home, check back every hour with us. Heck, when it gets to late day, every 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this expected to come thru the metro area, or fire up to our east?

Rodney Price said...

It is beginning to fire in southwest Kansas and eventually in the mid-late afternoon will affect southcentral Kansas. Stay tuned.