Tuesday, August 9, 2011

How long since....?

I had a friend ask me yesterday when Wichita last dropped below 70 degrees. Here's the answer: July 4th when the low was 68.

The next thing that immediately came to my mind was: how long has it been since Wichita had highs in the 80s? That would be June 28th, with a high of 88.

Even better, when was the last time Wichita had a high in the 70s? May 27th: the high was 79.

After several weeks of scorching heat, it sure is nice to see this pattern change. Expect highs in the 80s and 90s over the next week. It's still a little too early to say when those triple digits will return though.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I do wish that Rodney Price would understand that there are 2 "n's" in ninety. It is NOT niety. Also wish that Cindy would understand that there is no "e" in "catch".

Rodney Price said...

Hmmm....you lost me there. I don't have "ninety" in this post anywhere. If it's somewhere else, obviously a typo on my part. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Allissa said...

I am so ready for the cooler weather of fall! It's be great to be out of the triple digits lately and to have some rain!! My husband looked at another website that had a 15 day forecast, which I realize changes a LOT because it's so far out.. There were several days that showed 100 or 101, and all I could think was, "That's not too bad. At least it's not 114!" It's sad that it's been SO hot that 100 doesn't seem "that bad" anymore. BRING ON FALL!! :-)