Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Deep thoughts while keepin' busy in the heat

I hope you're having a wonderful Summer thus far, minus the heat of course.  Once again, my blog has been neglected recently.  I've been keeping somewhat busy with things, now that the Spring severe weather season has come and gone.  Here's a list of events in my life since then, in no particular order:

* My parents moved back into their repaired home after the late February tornado.  Hopefully the new garage will be built in the next few weeks.  While my folks got back home, other family members of mine weren't so fortunate.  My wife's aunt and uncle lost their home in the Waldo Canyon fire near Colorado Springs.  (This guy is tired of natural disasters affecting family members!)

* 12 days of 100 degree heat in Wichita.  So far.

* Our family garden is going nuts with cucumbers (with cherry tomatoes starting to ripen!).  Thankfully that hail back in May didn't beat up the garden too bad.  I'd take that rain again though.

It's less than 2 months until the Kansas State Fair.  Let's hope I update the blog a few times before then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your parents are back in their home! Sorry to hear about your wife's aunt and uncle's home in Colorado.