Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Reboot

Just like your computer, every once in a while this blog needs a reboot.  So I've hit <cntrl> <alt> <del> and we're ready to go now.

Kansas weather never ceases to amaze me.  Last year, we got such an early start to Spring, which ended up being the warmest on record for Wichita.  Fast forward just one year and we still can't shake Winter!  We ended April as the 7th coolest on record and we're about to see low 40s for highs tomorrow.

It's been a steady trend of cooler than normal temperatures in Wichita and Salina for the last few months.  In January, Wichita was 3.8 degrees above normal while Salina was 1.9 degrees above normal.  Since then, our temperature departure looked like this:

Wichita
Feb.: -1.5
Mar: -3.2
Apr: -5.5!!


Salina
Feb.: -1.4
Mar: -3.9
Apr: -5.4!!


I should have my garden planted by now but with the chilly weather (and a newborn in the fold) my spare time isn't quite what it used to be.  Here's hoping that THIS time around is the last blast of cold air.  Of course, I said that the last time around.

No comments: